With Clear Motion, you have the choice of collecting data with most standard data collectors, or taking measurements
with Clear Motion DAQ software.
Standard Data Collectors
You can collect data with standard data collectors and import it into Clear Motion ODS. Clear Motion ODS
can import data written in National Instruments TDMS format, UFF file format, and ME'Scope text format. Most data collectors can
export data in one of these formats for reading into Clear Motion ODS. For example,
portable vibration analyzers can export data to Clear Motion ODS.
Clear Motion DAQ
Clear Motion ODS is packaged with another product (Clear Motion DAQ), which is software which turns a laptop
or tablet into a portable ODS data collector. You can make ODS and impact response measurements,
then export these results to Clear Motion ODS.
This data collector uses common National Instruments
data acquisition cards:
- National Instruments NI-9234: This is a 4-channel card that can be powered from a USB port. It can
power IEPE (ICP) accelerometers, and has AC coupling. (www.ni.com).
- National Instruments NI-9233: This card has similar specifications to the 9234, but does not have
software controllable AC coupling (i.e., DC coupling not supported). It can be used to power IEPE sensors.
- National Instruments NI-9232: This USB card has software selectable IEPE and AC coupling, with 3 channels.
- National Instruments NI-9229: This USB card has 4 DC coupled channels with +/- 60 Volt input range, and no IEPE.
It cannot be used to power IEPE sensors.
- National Instruments NI-6211: This is an 8 or 16 channel card that can be powered from a USB port.